|HOME SCHEDULE AUTHOR INDEX SUBJECT INDEX|
Poster Session #39: Disturbance Ecology.
Thursday, August 9, 2001. Presentation from 3:30 PM to 5:00 PM. Exhibition Hall
29. BECKER, CARRIE1, GILMORE, DANIEL1, 1 Effects of harvest intensity and forest cover type on white spruce and paper birch seed fall and regeneration in northwestern Alberta, Canada .
30. Runkle, James1, 1 A quarter century of change in old-growth forests.
31. CONTRERAS, THOMAS1, MACKO, SAMANTHA2, FAHRIG, LENORE2, 1 2 Effects of a moderately severe disturbance on the composition and density of woody seedlings in eastern Ontario forests.
32. GAVIN, DANIEL1, LERTZMAN, KENNETH2, 1 2 Rates of windthrow-caused soil disturbance inferred from soil charcoal radiocarbon dates.
33. PASSMORE, HEATHER1, FARRIS, KRISTA1, DENSLOW, JULIE2, 1 2 Effects of rainfall regime on seedlings planted into tropical gap and understory microsites.
34. Wade, Gary1, Sanders, Laurie2, 1 2 Diversity among floras of shelterwood stands in the Green Mountain National Forest, Vermont.
35. GRAY, ANDREW1, SPIES, THOMAS2, PABST, ROBERT3, 1 2 3 Response of overstory and understory conifers to gap size and resource levels.
36. LEACH, ANDREA1, PETERSON, CHRIS1, FRELICH, LEE2, 1 2 Causes and correlates of tree damage in an old-growth sub-boreal forest subject to catastrophic wind.
37. Rich, Roy1, Frelich, Lee1, Reich, Peter1, 1 Differential susceptibility of near-boreal trees to wind disturbance.
38. ARII, KEN1, HOOPER, MICHAEL1, DUGUAY, STEPHANIE1, LECHOWICZ, MARTIN1, 1 Assessing the impact of the ice storm of 1998 on an old-growth forest.
40. LaVigne, Elena1, Rodriguez, Esther1, Camilo, Gerardo1, 1 Spatial heterogeneity under three different management regimes.
41. DILUSTRO, JOHN1, COLLINS, BEVERLY1, DUNCAN, LISA1, SHARITZ, REBECCA SHARITZ1, MCARTHUR, J. VAUN 1, ROMANEK , CHRIS 1, SEAMAN, JOHN 1, 1 Land management and soil composition effects on vegetation and nitrogen dynamics in Ft Benning, Georgia.
42. SHEIKH, PERVAZE1,2, AQUINO, AZINILSON2, 1 2 Effects of livestock on structure and composition of floodplain forests in the Lower Amazon, Brazil.
43. HEPBURN, SABRINA1, COTTINGHAM, KATHRYN1, 1 Early warning indicators for sudden ecosystem change: monitoring dominant feedbacks in shallow lakes.
44. Herrick, Jeffrey1, Belnap, Jayne2, Van Zee, Justin1, Johansen, Jeffrey3, 1 2 3 Disturbance effects on infiltration and erosion susceptibility for biologically crusted soils in the Mojave Desert.
45. HEATON, CHANDRA1, WU, X.1, ANSLEY, R.1, 1 Effects of disturbance regimes on spatial patterns of vegetation in a mesquite savanna.
46. Myers, Laura1, Herrick, Jeffrey1, Remmenga, Marta2, Reiser, Hildegard3, 1 2 3 Monitoring grassland, shrubland and savanna ecosystems: LCTA versus an integrated soil and vegetation monitoring protocol.
47. Larson, Diane1, 1 Invasibility of endogenous and exotic disturbances in mixed-grass prairie.
48. Weiher, Evan1,2, Schauwecker, Tim2,3, 1 2 3 Disturbance-associated assembly and response rules in blackland prairies.