|HOME SCHEDULE AUTHOR INDEX SUBJECT INDEX|
Poster Session #21: Education.
Wednesday, August 8, 2001. Presentation from 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM. Exhibition Hall
1. Evans, Celia1, Abrams, Eleanor2, Rock, Barret2, 1 2 Effect of student/scientist partnerships on student attitudes and motivation: Activity specific motivation versus broad-based shifts.
2. Gastreich, Karin1, 1 The impact of environmental education on rural Costa Rican grade school children: A gender perspective.
3. Stanforth, Kelly2,3, Jablonski, Leanne1,2, 2 3 1 Co-mingling Ecology Education and Service-Learning; An Assessment of Student Recycling Ethics.
4. HIBBERT, LIANNE1, NILON, CHARLIE1, 1 Student Perceptions of SEEDS.
5. Reynolds, Heather1, 1 In the service of sustainability: incorporating service-learning into college-level environmental studies.
6. Bossard, Robert1, 1 Reduction-oxidation diagrams for teaching about nutrient cycles and electron transport.
7. Paradise, Christopher1, 1 A laboratory exercise using a standardized soil ecotoxicological test.
8. Buikema, Arthur1, 1 Teaching a sophomore Ecology course in three weeks using a context-based assignment.
9. Bohanan, Robert1, Lucas-Lehrer, Deborah2, 1 2 SchoolYard Science: Student-centered Investigation of Aquatic Ecosystems.
10. Pankratz, Scott1,3, Brewer, Carol 2, Osborn, Julie3, 1 3 2 Students as researchers: sea turtle research partnerships in Costa Rica.
11. Booth, Robert1, Lyford, Mark1, Beiswenger, Jane1, 1 Long-term perspectives on environmental variability: An introductory laboratory exercise in wetland paleoecology.
12. Sipe, Timothy1, Pike, Carl1, Richardson, Jonathan1, 1 Integrating the study of photosynthesis across multiple scales in the biology majors curriculum.
13. Johnson, Stephen1,2, Stark, Mary1, 1 2 Weaving ecology into history and literature.
14. Poulson, Thomas1, 1 Teaching ecology with interactive methods.
15. Feliciano, Joaquin1, Davis, William1, 1 Course development in the natural sciences: A novel approach to teacher training for graduate students.
16. Dudycha, Jeffry1, Geedey, C. Kevin2, 1 2 How (not) to be an Evil Scientist: Case studies for research ethics education in ecology.
17. SANDLIN, ELIZABETH1, ANDELMAN, SANDY1, 1 A distributed multidisciplinary graduate training seminar: a model for biocomplexity research.
18. Springer, Clint1, Banasick, Shawn 1, Glaspell, Garry1, Pratt, Amy1, Cumming, Jonathan1, 1 Impact of NSF GK–12 TIGERs Fellows on science education in the middle grades of West Virginia Schools.
19. Grant, Bruce1, D'Avanzo, Charlene2, Musante, Susan3,4, Udovic, Daniel5, 1 2 3 4 5 Teaching Issues and Experiments in Ecology (TIEE): A web site and CD-ROM for undergraduate ecological education.
20. Pohlad, Bob1, Thomas, Carolyn1, 1 Collaboration Through Appalachian Watershed Studies.
21. Lemke, Michael1, Goldenkranz, Andrew2, Engel-DiMauro, Deborah3, Freitas, William4, Anderson, Nancy3, 1 2 3 4 A Month-long Institute on Biodiversity for High School and Middle School Science Teachers.
22. KIRSCHTEL, DAVID1, BATZLI, JANET1, HEIDEMAN, MERLE1, MCGROARTY, ESTELLE1, MERRILL, JOHN1, PARKER, JOYCE1, RUSSELL, RANDY1, SMITH, JIM1, 1 Ecology as part of a web-based introductory biology curriculum.
23. Hull, Joseph1, Langkamp, Greg1, 1 Quantitative Environmental Learning Project.
24. Twery, Mark1, Evans, Celia2, Wade, Gary1, Bureau, Sandra3, 1 2 3 A Student/Scientist Partnership to study forest ecology in the Adirondacks.
25. Sprott, Patricia1, Baker, Karen 2, Krasny, Marianne3, Elser, Monica4, Bohanan, Robert5, 1 2 3 4 5 Long Term Ecological Research Network K-12 Education Partnership: Students and Teachers Experiencing LTER.