|HOME SCHEDULE AUTHOR INDEX SUBJECT INDEX|
Poster Session #16: Fire Ecology.
Tuesday, August 7, 2001. Presentation from 3:30 PM to 5:00 PM. Exhibition Hall
135. Sherriff, Rosemary1, Veblen, Thomas 1, Sibold, Jason1, 1 Fire history in high elevation subalpine forests in the Colorado Front Range.
136. SOJA, AMBER1, SHUGART, HERMAN1, 1 Patterns of fire in Russia derived using remote sensing techniques.
137. Drury, Stacy1, 1 Fire history in the Yukon Flats National Wildlife Refuge, Alaska.
139. Galindez, Guadalupe1, Pereyra, Cristian1, Ferro, Ezequiel1, Scopel, Ana1, 1 Shrub encroachment in a protected palm savanna. Responses to fire in three dominant Asteraceae species.
140. Narog, Marcia1, Nunes, Luisa2, Wilson, Ruth3, 1 2 3 Invertebrate population dynamics after oak community disturbance by burning in California, USA, and Portugal, South Europe.
141. PRICHARD, SUSAN1, PETERSON, DAVID1,2, 1 2 Forest succession following fire along an altitudinal gradient, North Cascades National Park, Washington, USA.
142. Saha, Sonali1, 1 Effects of fire on tree juvenile height and leaf phenology in central India.
143. Chiang, Jyh-min1, Arthur, Mary1, 1 Growth and leaf nitrogen responses of oak and red maple seedlings to canopy gap fraction following prescribed fires.
144. Stevens, Michael1, Turner, Monica1, Tuskan, Gerald2, Romme, William3, Gunter, Lee2, Waller, Donald1, 1 2 3 Within-site genetic variation is negatively correlated with average stem diameter in post-fire Yellowstone aspen seedlings .
145. Valentine, David1, Boone, Richard1, Sparrow, Emmalisa2, 1 2 Fire has mixed effects on decomposition in boreal forests of interior Alaska.
146. ECKARD, T.1, BUKAVECKAS, P.1, 1 Prescribed fire effects on nutrient losses via leaching and volatilization along glade-forest ecotonal boundary.
147. WHITE, JOSEPH1, 1 Downed woody material, projected leaf area index, and satellite index relationships in Chihuahuan Desert vegetation.
148. DREWA, PAUL1, PETERS, DEBRA1, HAVSTAD, KRIS1, 1 Effects of fire and grazing on vegetation in northern Chihuahuan desert grasslands.
149. BLAIR, JOHN1, SMITH, MELINDA1, KNAPP, ALAN1, HARTNETT, DAVID1, 1 Effects of fire and grazing on patterns of resource availability: A comparison of North American and South African grasslands.
150. NOEL, JILL1, FOWLER, NORMA1, 1 Can fire maintain central Texas savannas?
151. Beyers, Jan1, Corcoran, Bonni1, Clines, Joanna2, 1 2 Potential effects of spring prescribed burning on Carpenteria californica, a rare shrub of the Sierra Nevada foothills.
152. HAIRE, SANDRA1, KOTLIAR, NATASHA1, KEY, CARL1, 1 Spatial models of fire severity for study design and landscape analysis.