|HOME SCHEDULE AUTHOR INDEX SUBJECT INDEX|
Poster Session #5: Soil Ecology.
Monday, August 6, 2001. Presentation from 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM. Exhibition Hall
118. Negrete-Yankelevich, Simoneta 1,2, Fragoso, Carlos2, Heal, O. William1, Newton, Adrian1, 1 2 Do successional changes in aboveground environmental conditions lead to a parallel succession in soil macrofaunal communities?
119. Jones, Jeremy1, Wagner, Diane2, 1 2 The effects of harvester ants on nitrogen storage in Mojave Desert soils.
120. Wagner, Diane1, Jones, Jeremy2, Gordon, Deborah3, 1 2 3 Harvester ants and soil nutrients: Effects of colony age and size on nitrogen storage.
121. Dress, William1, Frey, Serita1, Boerner, Ralph1, 1 Spatial variation of microarthropods and soil fungi in a hardwood forest.
122. Heneghan, Liam1, Rauschenberg, Carlton1, Opiola, Angela1, 1 The creative mosaic - a potential role for microarthropods in determining prairie restoration success.
123. Grossmann, Emilie1, Moldenke, Andrew2, 1 2 Microarthropods and fungal competition: A story from Eastern Oregon’s ponderosa pine forest soils.
124. Lussenhop, John1, BassiriRad, Hormoz1, 1 Contrasting effects of collembola on mass and N uptake of ash seedlings.
125. Knorr, Melissa 1, Brinkman, Jennifer1, Dress, William1, Thiet, Rachel1, Strachan, Ryan1, Swinehart, Beth1, Boerner, Ralph1, 1 Analysis of soil microbial activity at three spatial scales in an Ohio deciduous forest landscape.
126. Frohne, Pamela1, Halvorson, Jonathan2, Kennedy, Ann1, 1 2 Microbial community structure and function in Mount St. Helens pyroclastic material 20 years after the eruption.
127. Liu, Xiaozhong1, Wan, Shiqiang1, Luo, Yiqi1, 1 Response of soil respiration to watering treatment in tallgrass prairie.
128. Doh, Sueyoung1, Kang, Sinkyu1, Lee, Dongsun1, Lee, Dowon1, 1 Factors governing soil respiration in three hardwood forests of Korea.
129. MONTES-HELU, MARIO1, JONES, TIM2, 1 2 Soil water balance in the arid southwest.
130. ABD EL-WAHAB, RAAFAT1, KLOPATEK, JEFFREY1, MOUSTAFA, ABD EL-RAOUF2, 1 2 Ecological evaluation of soil quality in South Sinai, Egypt.
131. Ning, Jianchang1, Cumming, Jonathan1, 1 Mechanisms of aluminum tolerance in mycorrhizal broomsedge plants.
132. Jones, Robert1, Bliss, Kristin1, Mou, Pu2, 1 2 Influence of soil nutrient heterogeneity on root system morphology and responses to drought in three herbs.
133. Burke, Marianne 1, McLeod, Kenneth2, Harrison, Charles1, 1 2 Influence of shade and root competition on advance regeneration in a bottomland hardwood forest.
134. Boettinger, Janis1, Schupp, Eugene1, Castro, Jorge2, Gomez, Jose Maria2, Zamora, Regino2, 1 2 Soil acidification following burning of pine plantations, Sierra Nevada, Spain.