|HOME SCHEDULE AUTHOR INDEX SUBJECT INDEX|
Poster Session #44: Plant Ecology II.
Friday, August 10, 2001. Presentation from 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM. Exhibition Hall
1. Hire, Kelly1, McConnaughay, K.D.M.1, 1 Plasticity of biomass allocation in response to multiple resource limitation.
2. Schreeg, Laura1, Kobe, Richard1, 1 Landscape variation in forest communities is associated with soil calcium and nitrogen availability.
3. Fownes, James1, Harrington, Robin1, 1 Phosphorus limitation of seedling growth in northern hardwood forest.
4. Heisler, Jana1, Briggs, John1, 1 Woody vegetation expansion in a mesic grassland: fire frequency, topography, and interannual variability.
5. Germino, Matthew1, Wraith, Jon, 1 Plant responses to high soil temperatures in geothermal areas of Yellowstone National Park.
6. Traustason, Tumi 1, Smith, Matthew 1, Sveinbjornsson, Bjartmar 1, Ruess, Roger2, 1 2 Growth dynamics, needle morphology, and needle retention on white spruce in three Alaskan mountain ranges.
7. Bunker, Daniel1, Carson, Walter1, 1 Effect of irrigation on tropical forest seedling growth and survivorship during an El Niño-related drought.
8. Baraloto, Christopher1,2, Forget, Pierre-Michel3, Goldberg, Deborah1, 1 2 3 Relationships between neotropical tree seedling morphology and performance in contrasting environments.
9. Mahaney, Wendy1, Wardrop, Denice1, Brooks, Robert1, 1 Impacts of human-mediated stressors on wetland plant community development.
11. St. Pierre, Elizabeth1, Spies, Thomas2, 1 2 Effects of light, soil moisture, time and forest canopy gaps on fecundity, size, and growth of Trillium ovatum Pursh in Douglas-Fir forests.
12. Outcalt, Kenneth1, Brockway, Dale2, 1 2 Response of a southern pine community to readjustment of stand structure.
13. Maestre, Fernando1, Bautista, Susana1,2, Cortina, Jordi1, 1 2 Mechanisms of facilitation between a perennial tussock grass and a shrub in a semiarid degraded steppe.
14. Stewart, Jeneen1, McKenna, Mary 1, 1 Thyme seedlings and thyme essential oil enhance nodulation and shoot weight of white clover.
15. Brown, Rebecca1, Jason, Fridley1, 1 Effects of seed density and seed richness on species diversity and invasibility.
16. Smith-Longozo, Vickie1, Defalco, Lesley1,2, Nowak, Robert1, 1 2 Comparison of parental and growth condition effects between the invasive annual grass Bromus madritensis ssp. rubens and two native Mojave Desert annual species.
17. Cacho, Laura1, Lawrence, Deborah1, Robin, Chazdon2, Redondo, Alvaro3, 1 2 3 Neighborhood effects on litter production.
18. Douhovnikoff, Vladimir1, 1 An AFLP methodology for the accurate identification of plant clones.
19. Hicks, David1, 1 Growth and size relations of Stenocereus aragonii(Cactaceae).
20. Hardesty, Britta Denise1, Hubbell, Stephen1,2, Wright, Joseph2, 1 2 Applying scaling laws to Psychotria: A test of 19 species in a tropical forest .
21. Crowley, Katherine1, Sperduto, Daniel1, Nichols, William1, Bechtel, Douglas2, 1 2 Distribution, composition, and age structure of black gum (Nyssa sylvatica) swamps in New Hampshire.
22. Kerns, Becky1, 1 Factors that influence the distribution and abundance of shrubs in coastal Oregon forests.